Sunday, April 10, 2011

Can I blog to lose weight?--Day 3

Having spend a relatively (okay, extremely) sedentary weekend, I realize that I must get-up and move on a regular basis. I don't think carting laundry up and down stairs really counts. So this leads me to explore the best methods for exercise that are right for me.
I hate to run. So that's out. Walking's okay. The only problem I have is the weather. We're heading into warmer weather so that shouldn't be a problem.  I also like to bike and there is a fabulous biking/walking trail near my home that follows the San Francisco Bay from Redwood Shores all the way to Coyote Point in Burlingame. The only downside is the wind on my ears. Note to self: wear a hat. But I am an admitted wuss, so I better have a plan B. No gym membership at the moment. Hmm I may have to explore this as a plan C if my plan A & B proves fruitless.
 Okay Plan B. I am open to suggestions. It has to be something indoors. I played a Wii baseball game with my son today ( does that count?). I think both of us got a really good ab workout from laughing at my hysterical errors. I'm really quite incompetent at it. If you've never played this game, you must see it. It is remarkably realistic.  You control all the players on your Major league team. It's quite entertaining to watch my players run in circles, throw the ball to the wrong base and collide in center field. My son took such pity on me that he started having his pitcher bean me just so I could get on base. I think he had 8 pitchers thrown out the game for hitting batters (the game does this automatically and the announcers scold you accordingly). Anyway, this reminds me that we do have a dance wii game that I need to dust off. So maybe that's my plan B or at least one plan B...
 Oh I do have another plan B that is much more intense. I've used it before with great success. It's a video program called slim in 6 . Yeah, now that I think of it I should incorporate that into plan A. I"m pretty sure I'll need several things to keep me moving and so I'm open to suggestions.
okay it's time for the weigh- in...Day 3...-1lb
better than yesterday, so at least it's heading in the right direction and I'm armed with motivation for Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment